Monday, June 4, 2012

A Weekend of Epicly Awesome Proportions

Ah Summer! It's my favorite time of the year. I love the heat and the sunshine and being out doors. I do not love being on computers. And, as you may have already noticed, it's hard to blog when you aren't on a computer. So be warned, these blog posts will come at you inconsistently at best over the next few months. But I really will try to at least make weekly posts. 

On that note, the ZF's had a wonderful summer weekend. Full of all the things I love. Good Food. Reading. Bikes Rides. Farmers Markets. Friends. And breath taking views. For the quick & dirty re-cap keep reading.

Friday night Chris and I went out for a fancy dinner at Meritage to celebrate his 31st year. We had tiny tuna tartar tacos, and an amazing House-Made Merguez Sausage w black olive purée, couscous, baby sweet bell pepper, lemon, micro cilantro and harissa phyllo (see below). I had the special for dinner, which was some dang good crab and Chris had some very good fish. Overall it was a delicious meal, although, if I'm honest I thought it was a bit over priced. 
Saturday, we biked to the farmer's market in Lowertown and ate delicious breakfast sandwiches. It was my first bike ride through downtown, and despite my fear of biking down the Smith Ave Bridge all went well. I would even go so far as to say that it went better than well. It was awesome. When we got home, I made a few planted terrariums. Then I set about to reading for the rest of the weekend. Oh, summer, you are divine!
There was about an hour or so of weeding our strawberry patch that also happened.. Which also resulted in picking strawberries. 'Twas well worth the weeding time. 
Sunday evening we celebrated the birthday of a dear friend, (who also happened to be our roommate for the last three weeks or so). On the way home we caught this sunset from the top of the high bridge. 
It was stunning. And the perfect ending to a lovely summer weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment